International Cotton Association (ICA): Site of the Day – Monday August 25th, 2014
We came across the International Cotton Association (ICA) in a Wall Street Journal article a while back and found it an interesting site. The ICA began life over 170 years ago in 1841 in Liverpool, UK, when a group of cotton brokers created a set of bylaws and rules to help regulate the sale and purchase of raw cotton. Today, the majority of the world’s cotton is still traded internationally under ICA Bylaws & Rules. The rules have changed with time, but their aim remains the same – to create a safe trading environment. The ICA now has more than 550 members and its membership spans all corners of the globe and represents all sectors of the supply chain. The ICA operates on a not-for-profit basis and, in addition to its Bylaws & Rules, it offers a range of services – arbitration, training, trade and networking events, plus cotton testing and research via ICA Bremen.
We hope you find the International Cotton Association (ICA) site interesting and useful.
About Sterling Reporter’s Site of the Day Blog:
The Sterling Reporter is a financial and business news aggregation site. Since our focus is primarily on the financial markets and business items, expect our Site of the Day posts to be of business related web sites that we find interesting. We are also saving an archive of our Site of the Day posts that can be found at the Site of the Day Archive Page.
News Topics Covered by Sterling Reporter:
This site covers news on the following topics:
- Latest Headlines
- US News
- World News
Additionally, other sites that are part of the Sterling Reporter family include the following:
- Bakken Oil News: News and information concerning the Bakken Oil region.
- Best Bankruptcy: News and information concerning bankruptcy within the United States.
- Bond Market News: News and information concerning the bond and other debt markets.
- Capital Markets News: News and information concerning the U.S. capital markets.
- Gold & Silver News: News and information concerning the gold, silver, and precious metals markets.
- Oil & Gas News: News and information concerning the oil and natural gas markets.
- Sterling Holdings: This is the parent entity for the Sterling Reporter and our related news sites.
- Sterling Reporter: Financial news and information that is aggregate by human hand.
- U.S. Election News: News and information concerning elections within the United States.