Association of Art Museum Directors: Site of the Day – Tuesday August 26th, 2014
We came across the Association of Art Museum Directors in an article we read several weeks back. We found the site interesting and thought we would pass it along. The purpose of the Association of Art Museum Directors is to support its members in increasing the contribution of art museums to society. The AAMD accomplishes this mission by establishing and maintaining the highest standards of professional practice, serving as forum for the exchange of information and ideas, acting as an advocate for its member art museums, and being a leader in shaping public discourse about the arts community and the role of art in society. In 1916 the directors of twelve American museums founded the Association of Art Museum Directors. The Association began its transformation into a professional organization in 1969 when it formally incorporated. At that time the Association also hired an employee, and increased its meetings from once to twice a year. AAMD’s charter members were motivated by a desire to create an intimate forum to share news and ideas. The AAMD has maintained a limited membership bringing the directors into closer contact with their peers at a wide variety of leading art institutions.
We hope you find the Association of Art Museum Directors site interesting and useful.
About Sterling Reporter’s Site of the Day Blog:
The Sterling Reporter is a financial and business news aggregation site. Since our focus is primarily on the financial markets and business items, expect our Site of the Day posts to be of business related web sites that we find interesting. We are also saving an archive of our Site of the Day posts that can be found at the Site of the Day Archive Page.
News Topics Covered by Sterling Reporter:
This site covers news on the following topics:
- Latest Headlines
- US News
- World News
Additionally, other sites that are part of the Sterling Reporter family include the following:
- Bakken Oil News: News and information concerning the Bakken Oil region.
- Best Bankruptcy: News and information concerning bankruptcy within the United States.
- Bond Market News: News and information concerning the bond and other debt markets.
- Capital Markets News: News and information concerning the U.S. capital markets.
- Gold & Silver News: News and information concerning the gold, silver, and precious metals markets.
- Oil & Gas News: News and information concerning the oil and natural gas markets.
- Sterling Holdings: This is the parent entity for the Sterling Reporter and our related news sites.
- Sterling Reporter: Financial news and information that is aggregate by human hand.
- U.S. Election News: News and information concerning elections within the United States.